Monday, March 7, 2011

Money Saving Monday - ways I've been earning money for my family

So, I am really trying to change my reputation of being an "over spender". I'm trying really hard to save money these days.

I'm pretty proud of myself. Check this out.

1.) I've been rolling our coins that a mad woman. We try to pay cash for everything. All extra change goes in the cups (one for silver coins and one for pennies). About once a week I roll our coins. That way we won't spend it all. I keep some in our cups for emergency caffeine runs, but I'm rolling the rest. I also have been trying to save our $1.00 bills. I have rolled $50.00 in just the last month. I think that is pretty awesome.

2.) I listed a bunch of adorable little boy clothing on eBay. Yep, I still have baby fever and IF I ever have another baby I might be kicking myself for getting rid of some of this stuff, BUT--that time isn't now. I've made almost $100.00 in the last month!!!

3.) Spring consignments sells have started. I checked on my balance yesterday and I already had $25.00. That's only in 1 or 2 weeks. I thought that was pretty good.

So--right there is around $175.00 I earned my family.

See--you CAN teach an old dog new tricks--(just keep me away from the mall and spring clothing!)

1 comment:

Let me hear from you