I have FINALLY found a wonderful recipe for fried rice. Here it is--just your basic recipe so you can add whatever you want to it.
-Cook 4 cups of rice and let it cool.
-Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, crack 2 eggs and scramble. Scramble lightly--you don't want them too dry.
-Remove eggs from pan.
-Add 2 more tbsp. of oil to the skillet and add cool rice. Stir fry for a few minutes, breaking apart rice.
-Add 2 tbsp. of soy sauce to rice. Stir
-Add back eggs. Mix thoroughly.
-Optional--add 1-2 green onions. I don't do this.
Typically, after I add the eggs back in, I also add in my cooked shrimp.
De-lish.
Now to find a recipe for that yummy "white sauce" they serve with fried rice :)
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
If you find a good recipe for the "white sauce," you have to share!! I have tried to recreate it at home and can't do it!
ReplyDelete