It's time for Truthful Tuesday.
Big Daddy and I had a late night (or--9 PM, whatever) chat last night after the kiddos went to bed. We talked about how thankful we were for each other, our marriage, our sweet children--you know, stuff that we don't get a chance to share with each other often. Our conversation lasted all of 10 minutes--cause we are tired parents--but, it got me to thinking.
So, here is the truth.
1.) I love my husband now more than I ever have. I am so thankful to have him to share life with. He makes me laugh. In fact, he keeps us all laughing. He is the calm to my panic. He is the rational to my irrational. He is a wonderful Dad. I love to sit and just watch/listen to him interact with our boys. I love that we "share the load" when it comes to household duties and child duties. He gives baths, reads books, dresses kids, and feds them right along side with me. (Which is part of the reason why I think I have baby fever--I love working together with him to raise our children. We make a good team.)
2.) My sweet BB melts my heart. He is so kind and compassionate. He is always telling me that I look pretty and he gives me random hugs and kisses. He is my rule follower. My sensitive one. My need-to-know-and-understand-everything child. My singer. My dreamer. My thinker. He is my crafty one. I love every single little drawing he makes. I just can't part with them. They are all precious. I know God has big things in store for this little guy. I love his warm little body snuggled against me at night. He is precious.
3.) My sweet LB melts my heart. He is my miracle. The one we didn't plan for. Our surprise. The one we almost lost. I get teary eyed every time I hear his sweet little voice chatting up a storm in the backseat of our car. I can't help but think of the night I was in the backseat with him begging him to take a breath. He is my snuggle bug. My baby. And he knows it. He is rotten to the core. I love his skinny little bitty hands, fingers, and feet. He wants to be babied, yet, he is my tough boy. He is my athletic child. I know God has big plans in store for his little life. I love his cold little hands and feet when he snuggles next to me on the couch and says, "Sit, Mommy. Hold me."
That's the truth!!!!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you