Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm gonna cry today--it's a given

Today BB graduates from preschool.

How is this possible?

Wasn't it just yesterday that Big Daddy and I brought him home from the hospital and were wading through the waters of being new parents?

I have watched my big boy blossom this year in so many ways. He makes my heart smile every afternoon when he comes home from school and shares with me something he learned/discovered that day. He seems to get smarter and smarter each day.

I have so loved watching him grow as a learner this year (the teacher in me can't help but want to push him to do more...to learn more...to discuss more...to ask more...). I've watched him get adjusted to being at school all day. I've listened to him tell about the class theme for the week and all he has learned about it. I have sat and practiced writing letters with him. He has played teacher with me. I have witnessed him learning to sound out letters, then words. I am currently witnessing him try to sound out every word he comes across and he is writing up a storm. All of this is amazing. He amazes me. The way my God created BB amazes me.

His kindergarten year will start sooner than we realize. My mind is having trouble processing the fact that he HAS to go to school. All of these years I have been able to keep him home occasionally when I want to be with him or when he grandparents wants to spend a day with home--gone are those days. He HAS to go to school each day now. That's big. I'm having trouble with that.

So--here's to you, my sweet BB. Congratulations on a BIG step completed. I know God has mighty plans for you, son. I'm so happy to be your Mom and get to have a front seat to watch it all unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you