Monday, November 21, 2011

Stupid kindergarten projects

Have you ever had to decorate a family turkey with your child, or make a thankful hand turkey project, or a disguise the pumpkin project, or a disguise the turkey project? If not--you are lucky and I'm totally wishing such a project upon you (cause I'm that nice).

I'm just gonna go ahead and admit that I totally loved these projects as a teacher. I sent them home with my students the years I taught 1st and 5th grade. They look so cute hanging up in the hallway and I love to hear the stories behind the crafts.

As a parent, yeah, I HATE these projects. And I stopped sending them home with my students the year we had to complete our first project at our house. For me, they are torture. Naturally, I want it to be perfect, and creative, and unique...so, enter STRESS!!!

This year we had to disguise the turkey. I searched and searched the Internet for something perfect. Here's what we did. Best of all, it was super easy and it totally fits our superhero obsessed household right now.


Then a great idea hit me...save these things and just turn them back in once LB gets to school.

Dear BB's teacher, I'm gonna need our project back. And make sure it stays in tip top shape. :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you