My sweet boys are different. Very different from one another. So, I am finding myself, more and more these days, having two different *Mommy hats* to wear.
Sweet BB. He needs love. He needs affection. He needs big hugs. Words of affirmation. He is Mr. Independent. He needs me to let him be a big boy, he always has. I have to let him learn and do things himself. He needs me to talk him through things. Explain things to him. He likes to be in the loop. I can't keep much from him. He needs to be included on everything we do. He needs me to run to him and kiss his boo-boos when he hurts himself. He is my emotional baby. I have to be extra gentle with him. His tears come quick. When they do roll down his face, he needs love. Lots of love.
Sweet LB. He's my baby. He knows it. He needs me to do things for him. He doesn't want independence, he wants Mommy to do it. He wants me to be right there with him. He wants to cuddle and be held. He is also a risk-taker. He is tough as nails. He doesn't need me when he falls. He requires me to loosen up and not be afraid to let him try something (and sometimes hurt himself). He needs me to laugh when he dunks his head in the bath water (on purpose), instead of my knee-jerk-reaction to grab him. He needs fun. And lots of love.
And so, two hats I shall have.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you