I must admit that I can sometimes be unsympathetic. Mostly, towards people who are responsible for getting themselves into bad situations. Choices. Choices, people, choices. Life is full of them...and guess what??? For the most part, you get to make your own choices. So, that's why I sometimes have a hard time feeling sorry for people. I'm working on that.
We are spending a lot of times these days talking to BB about choices. Wise choices and bad choices. Obviously, we encourage "the wise choice" aka...the choice that God would want us to make. We have been teaching that bad choices bring consequences (might I add, BB is so cute when he tries to say that word). We are opting for consequences such as time away from the rest of the family or time without a possession, as opposed to spanking. Now, don't get me wrong...there are plenty of spankings going on around here...sometimes a good spanking is the only thing to cure a bad attitude :)
BB has picked up quite well.
We have also been talking a lot about heaven. I knew it was coming, BB asked me the other day, "If heaven is up, what is down?" So, I dove right in. We talked about heaven and hell, God and the devil, and making the "wise choice" to love God. We talked about making the BIG wise choice to love God and when we do that we get to go to heaven with him. If we don't, we have to go to hell and be separated from God forever. BB informed me that when he got a little bit bigger he was going to make the BIG WISE CHOICE. I know he will. I can feel God pursuing my little guy.
On a funny note...that same evening BB was clearing his spot at dinner. He put his cup in the frig and his plate in the sink. I commended him for making a wise choice. He exclaimed, "YES!!! (in a sing-song voice) I made a wise choice. I'm going to heaven."
Ok, so maybe putting your dishes up won't get you into heaven, but it will definitely get you on Mommy's good side :)
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you