Saturday, September 3, 2011

Playing blog catch up

So--life is busy. That's one reason I haven't had time to update the ole' blog.

The other reason--I feel like I have so much to share. But, that would require backtracking. That bothers me--I wanna pick up here and now. But there are things I didn't write about but wanted to.

So--bare with me.

Summer went by entirely too quickly. However, the boys (and I) were quite ready to get back into a normal routine. Days on end spent with each other were creating grumpy kids (and Mom). You know the saying--"absence makes the heart grow fonder"? It's true--at least for us.

We accomplished the majority of our things on our Summer Bucket List.

We went to:
  • Mississippi to visit the great grandparents
  • Nashville to spend time with my aunt and uncle
  • Dinosaur World
  • Kentucky Down Under
  • BRIMS Science Museum
  • watch 4 summer movies at the theatre
  • story time at the library each week
  • Louisville for a mini vacation at Big Daddy's parents' house
  • Mammoth cave
  • and took several trips to Chuck E. Cheese and Chick-fil-a :)
A few things we didn't get to:
  • the zoo (but, hey, we have been half a dozen times already so I'm at peace with it)
  • Lego World (sorry, boys, California was just too long of a drive)
  • Lost River cave (did you know it is MUCH cheaper to go to Mammoth Cave than it is the cave in our own back yard??)
The boys were at such a fun age this summer. I can't wait until next summer to create our new Summer Bucket List and to go on more new adventures with my boys. I love experiencing things again the first time through my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you