Wednesday, February 10, 2010

He's getting big, but not that big

Ok. So, LB has made some advances. He is now holding his own sippy cup vs. picking it up, carrying it to us, and grunting for us to hold it like a little bottle fed calf.

Well, maybe he hasn't advanced. We just found a way around the little issue. I wised up and bought him some new sippy cups with straws in them. I am pleased to announce that he now will hold his own sippy cup.

But, bless his heart. He is NOT about to hold his own bottle. Nope. That would be asking WAY too much. (And yes, my 14 month still takes a bottle. I happen to be one of those who thinks 12 months is way too early to go off the bottle. So there.) That's ok. He is my baby. I'll gladly hold it.

I never experienced that with BB. Seems like he came out of my womb wanting to hold things and do things himself. Not, my LB. God love him.

BB asked me a great question the other day...

BB: "Mommy, can Wade hold his own bottle?"

Me: "No. He can't."

BB: "Why not?"

Me: "He's just a baby. He can't do it yet."

BB: "Well, the babies at my school all hold their own bottles. Why can't Wade?"


Cause he is my BABY. That's WHY. And he is growing up too fast. So just let me hold the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you