Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love Day Celebration

I love Valentine's Day.

I know all the hoopla about how you should love people all year long, not just one day a year. And how you should do special things for each other 365 days a year, not just on February 14. I know that flowers are overrated.

But, I LOVE IT!!!!

I don't want flowers. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not spend $80.00 on flowers for me. (If you really want to spend that much on me give me the cash and send me shopping...that's just the truth of it.) I don't even like to go out to eat for Vday. For me...it's about the love. I try to show my fellas extra special love on that day.

Not to mention that I get all excited about decorating our house in pinks, reds, and whites.

Each year I host a Valentine's party for our family. I have been doing this for 3 years now. The grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins come over and we celebrate together. I typically fix soup to warm us and we enjoy lots of other munchies. We play some games for some little prizes. And the kiddos all get LOVE gifts.
Today was our party. We had so much fun. Here are some snapshots of my love day set up!!!

Yep. I made it. I know.


Made some sweet little tissue paper balls.
I made two flowers and attached them together.


My Happy Everything plate

Cute cupcake display with my 2nd attempt at the cupcake pops.

Still not Bakerella, but 100x better this time.

Making use of my Cricut.


1 comment:

  1. Um, I'm thinking either you need to help this sister out with some girly birthday party decorations in the very near future. I'm just sayin....

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you