Big Daddy and I are a great parenting duo. We are completely opposite from each other - which works out quite nicely.
Big Daddy is a sporty and fun daddy. He likes to play basketball with the boys. He tackles them and plays roughhouse. He throws them up in the air and slams them down on the bed. He lets them jump on the bed and on the couch. He drags them around the hardwood floor on blankets and rolls around on the floor with them. They love every minute of it.
Me? I'm the opposite. I have fun with my boys in a different way. I like to draw, color, and paint. We work puzzles and play games. We cook together and lick our fingers while we do it. I am the calmer parent. And, they love every minute of it.
It is funny to watch the boys' disposition change when they are around one of us. When BB and I are home together he is calm and helpful. He is crafty and inquisitive. As soon as Daddy walks in the door the boys start bouncing off the walls. The yell and scream and run. And when they are tired, the run to me.
We are a good balance, Big Daddy and me.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you