Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recipe - Tator Tot casserole

In response to me announcing that we were having Tator Tot casserole for dinner, Big Daddy said, "Uh. That just sounds fatty and gross."

I must admit. It wasn't one of my finest meals. In fact, we (the adults) didn't even eat it. Big Daddy and I don't do well with grease and fatty foods like that. We opted for something a little tastier and healthier.

HOWEVER...I made it because I knew my kiddos would love it. And they did.

So, I am sharing it because it was easy and your kiddos would probably love it too.

1. Brown 1 lb. of ground beef with 1/2 of an onion.
2. Drain and spread it in the bottom of a casserole dish.
3. Mix together one can of cream of chicken and 1/2 soup can of water.
4. Pour this mixture over your beef.
5. Top with frozen tator tots.
6. Top with tator tots off with your choice of shredded cheese.
7. Bake according to the tator tot package (until they are golden brown and the cheese melts)

If you do eat some, you might want to have some Prevacid on hand to chase it down.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I make this a lot, but a slightly different version. I'll use 1/2 lb ground beef (with or w/o onions), and I try to buy a lean kind, like 90/10. I mix the browned ground beef with a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of celery. Spread in the bottom of casserole dish, top with a bag of shredded cheese (I use a 2%), and then top with a layer of tater tots (so your cheese is on the inside). It's still a total comfort food, but the fat and grease are controlled!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you