This is vacation week. YIPPPEEEEE!!!!
So...how in the world do you save money while on vacation? There are lots of ways, promise. One way we save money while on vacation is to take food to prepare for ourselves.
My parents own a timeshare so we have always had the luxury of staying in condos or houses on vacation. The huge plus to this is having a kitchen. So, instead of eating out every night we, typically, prepare 2 of the 3 daily meals in *our place*. This does take careful planning. You have to plan ahead what things you might need...things you need to pack to take with you or things you need to purchase once you get there.
For example: I know we are going to need salt and pepper. But, I don't want to spend money on buying an entire container of salt and pepper once we get there when I have some at home I can pack and take along. Same goes with sugar, flour, cooking spray, baggies... Not to mention, often there is a price increase in vacationing areas so this helps to avoid that as well. But, milk, juice, fruit, meats...you get the idea...are def. things we want to buy when we get there.
This helps us avoid making unnecessary purchases and it helps us save money because we don't have to eat out for every meal.
Got a money saving tip? Please share it with me.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you