Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More healthy choices

I'm working on it. Trying to make healthier food choices. Nothing too big and drastic...just small changes that I can reasonable keep up.

#1 Nutella: Oh my goodness. This stuff is heavenly. It's made
from hazelnuts, skim milk, and cocoa. How is that healthy? Well, hazelnuts are pack full of vitamin E and vitamin E helps to keep your heart muscles healthy. As with all nuts, this is high in fat but I'm ONLY thinking of the benefits ;) A little spread on some Graham crackers makes a great bedtime snack.


#2 Pita Bread: This makes a great alternative to loaf bread. It will save you some calories too (so you can eat that Nutella). I have been buying the whole grain mini pitas that are already sliced. We treat them just like bread.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you