Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sharing

Sharing. It's hard.

It's become old hat for BB. LB? Well, he's only 18 months. These things take time, ya know?

BB is always so generous to hand things over to LB or to get him an alternative toy to play with. He is such a good brother. It hasn't always been that way...it's been a work in progress. But, he has it now.

The other day LB wasn't wanting to share. He just can't get over giving someone else his toy to play with. And don't even bother reasoning with him that he will get it back in just a minute. No hope. BB questioned me as to why sometimes LB didn't have to share. I explained that LB was just a baby and that we had to teach him how to share. And that there was a time, not so long ago, that BB didn't know how to share and we had to teach him. So, now we just have to be patient with LB and sometimes that means he doesn't have to share until he understands and knows how to.

BB's response...

"Why couldn't Wade be born first and me last so I would still be learning to share?"

Translation: I wish I was the baby so I could get away with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you