Friday, July 30, 2010

Fab 5 Friday - Back to School Edition

Time to join Emily.

School starts on Monday (for the teachers...Tuesday for kids). You know what that means? School supplies!!!! I get such a rush from buying supplies for my kiddos
(My school kiddos, that is. But, I can't wait to buy them for my own babies, too. Just a few more weeks until I get to do it with BB.) Here are 5 supplies that make school more fabulous.

1. Crayola Crayons: Nothing but Crayola. You hear me? Nothing
but Crayola. I love to open a new box of crayons, to stare at the sharp points, and to....are you ready for this...sniff them. They smell amazing. It doesn't last long. It's just a matter of time until they are broken, dull, and not so fresh smelling anymore. So, I enjoy them while I can.

2. Mavalus Tape: Our local Parent-Teacher Store sells this stuff.
It does wonders for hanging things on your classroom door or walls. Masking tape can do the job, but it won't last as long. By the end of the year last year I still had things hanging on my walls from day one...all because of this stuff.

3. Crayola Markers: You saw this one coming, didn't you? You can't mention crayons without mentioning markers. Sharp tips, bold colors, perfect packaging...need I say more.?


4. Glue sticks: Genius. The person who created these. I mean, who even wants to use white glue anymore? It's so messy. Glue sticks are perfection.

5. Decorating: I'm already a sucker for decorating things. But, my classroom....it's MINE...all MINE...and I can do whatever I want to make it look fabulous. This year my classroom is decorated in bright colors and polka-dots. Rugs, lamps, pictures, bulletin boards, name tags, chairs, desk skirts, curtains...OH MY!!! Pictures will be posted soon!

What are you waiting for? Tell me your Fab 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you