I'm exhausted. Today has got to be the longest day ever. Both kids have been asleep since 8:15, but I can't shut myself off...eventhough I am so tired my body hurts. Thoughts/ramblings from today...
- Way back when I was scheduling appointments I thought it was a super idea to schedule the dentist and the doctor checkups on the same day. You know...to be efficient. Wrong. Stupid. Don't ever do that again. Dumb dumb.
- Note to self: don't take LB to the dentist with you next time...not appropriate for a 19 month old.
- Don't schedule dentist appointments for 8 AM. There's a reason why that time slot was available. Another dumb move.
- Yay for going to visit Pop at his work in the early am while the boys were still happy and fresh. Yay for visiting Gigi at work also and having breakfast at the donut shop. I should have stopped pushing my luck. I always do *one more thing* that causes a breakdown. Target. It wasn't pretty.
- Yay for squeezing in a tiny nap for LB (at my friends house, on her bed, no less). Boo for cramming so much into our day that BOTH boys didn't get a sufficient nap.
- Yay for BB being entertained by my friend's daughter and a BIG yay that I finished helping her decocoate her son's room. Now, onto her
nursery next. I love decorating.
- BOO BOO BOO on shots at the doctor. One for LB and three for BB. Bless theirs hearts. They did so well. Note to self...again, I know it feels very efficient to schedule both boys' well visits on the same day, BUT it is very hard to pull off. Next time schedule them on seperate days or insist that Big Daddy go with you. Oh, and they really need to cool the office
down for multitasking mothers like myself. I was soaking wet by the time we left.
-Pedatric nurses are angels. I love ours.
-My word it was hot today. Very hot. Too hot to be running all over town.
-LB exploded in his diaper twice tonight. Exploded might be an understatement. Big Daddy wasn't home to help and that stinks (literally).
-I could have buried my face in a brownie and ice cream tonight and totally justified it. I'm glad I just settled for a fruit popsicle instead.
Whew. What a day. Throw in some fits. Some meltdowns. Some puppy poop and pee. A walk around the neighborhood. Some laundry.
Just had to process all that.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
Hope you got some rest and was able to shut your brain off! I hate days like that. But see im the opposite. I like to cram all appts in to ONE day so only that ONE day will be hell. That way I dont have a doctor/dentist/eye dr appt every day in a week. Stressful yes, but at least your done with shots for a couple years :)
ReplyDelete