Monday, July 5, 2010

Money Saving Monday - Coins

Coins.

They are slightly annoying - especially when they pile up in the console of my car or in my wallet.

1. Always use dollars to pay for your purchases.
2. Designate a spot for your coins. I have two containers: one for pennies and one for *silver* coins.
3. After you get your change always put it in your coin containers.
4. Watch your coins grow.

We use our coins for a variety of things. The coin container is Big Daddy's go to spot to get money for his caffeine addiction. On many occasions, I have rolled our money and deposited into our savings account or we have used to to pay for gas for vacations. Or sometimes Big Daddy uses them at the car wash to clean our vehicles.

Use them. Give them a home. Give them a purpose. And watch them grow.

I remember I tip I heard on Oprah many years ago (probably the only thing I have ever remembered her saying)...she said to "respect your money and you will have more". So, respect those coins because they can turn into big bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you