LB is growing up. Faster than I like.
Example #1: Over Christmas break, he decided he didn't like his crib anymore. The child JUST turned 2--come on!!! So, we set up the little twin bed in our attic and Big Daddy went out and bought him a set of mattresses. I wish I could adequately convey how excited he was about his big boy bed. He wanted to get in, cover up, turn the lights out, and for us to leave--right then!!! We spent the next several day making the complete transformation. He has done so beautifully sleeping in his big bed. Big Daddy and I laugh thinking about how tiny he is in his bed and how amazing it is that he goes in his room by himself, in the pitch dark, and goes "night, night" (whew--I wish BB would do that. That's a whole 'nother story.). I love that sweet baby.
Example #2: No more "pappies" (aka: passie). Ok--I'll admit--I'm a "pappy" pusher. He's my baby. I can't help it. His sitter has been working very hard to break him of his "pappy" during the day. She has been very successful, but then I give it to him as soon as he gets in the car with us :) Well, no more. He never asked for it when we picked him up yesterday. He went all evening and slept all night without it. I'm not kidding when I say, if I thought about this too much I could cry. Seriously. He's my baby.
sooo...
Dear Wade,
No more growing up. No more big changes. I can't handle anymore big boy stuff for, at least, another 6 months or so.
Love you,
Mom
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you