Monday, January 31, 2011

Money Saving Monday- note to self, get over PBK

This one is for me!!!

I'm a sucker for PBK. Mainly, for my children. I love the bedding. All of it. Of course, I don't just need the quilt, but I also need the matching sheets, shams, throw pillows, lamp shades, wall hangings--you feel me??

I have been thrifty before and purchased brand new PBK stuff off of eBay for cheaper. So--a few points for me there.

Long story, semi short...
-LB is now in a big bed.
-LB needs a new quilt, sheets, etc.
-Guilt sets in because I purchased BB bedding at PBK, so I feel I must do the same for LB.
-Times are hard--$200.00 for just the quilt and sham (a TWIN size, I might add--on eBay). I'll never save up enough money and Big Daddy insists I pay cash!!!
-Hey! Target has cute stuff. Maybe I could find something cute there.
-Find an ADORABLE quilt and sham at Target--one that looks so much like BB's PBK one that everyone will be tricked.
-Purchase quilt, sham, matching sheets, matching blanket, and mattress cover for slightly under $100.00
-I'm pumped. Big Daddy's pumped (ok--maybe an exaggeration, but he was VERY proud of me).

I also saved money by using left over blue paint (from the FIRST time I painted the boys' bathroom) to paint 3 of the walls in LB's room. I accented his room by painting the 4th wall brown.

Points for me!!!

Whatever your addiction, get over it. There is always something cheaper and just as cute.

1 comment:

  1. hehe! Great job girl! PBK does have some stinkin cute stuff! I did Zanes nursery in PBK 6yrs ago! lol eeeek!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you