Time for Money Saving Monday!
This week's tip isn't really how to SAVE money, but how to make some money.
Consign your kids' clothing, toys, bedding, etc.
I'm new to this one.
I've done yard sales--they are great, but, let's face it--people want cheap prices. You aren't going to make much money for your child's nicer clothes.
I've done eBay. Love eBay. Depending on the item and the demand, you can make some pretty good money there also.
So, now I'm going to try consignment. Here are some pointers.
1.) Consign your nicer clothing. Ones that are free of stains and have minimal fading.
2.) Wash and iron your clothes before taking them. You want to present them in the best possible manner.
3.) Do your research on the consignment store you want to work with--Do you have to have an appointment to drop your stuff off? What percentage of the profit do you get to keep? How do you get your money? Are the items you are wanting to sell comparable to the other items the store offers?
The store I selected to work with actually requires you to wash and iron your clothes before bringing them in. They also require you to hang each item on the store provided hangers. Then, the items are sent for approval.
I'm excited about my results. I can't wait to see what sells. And, better yet, how much extra money I can make :)
Check it out for yourself.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
Ive been consigning for years :-) Love it! Take in the kids clothes, and in a few months you have enough money to buy at least one kid a new wardrobe from the same store!
ReplyDelete