Friday, April 22, 2011

BB's first kiss

BB's 1st kiss. I just have to share this story here :)

***background info: this happened when we were in Gatlinburg on Spring Break--Big Daddy was in charge of LB, BB, and 5 year old GIRL cousin--Big Daddy had already caught BB and cousin embracing pretty close--BB asks Big Daddy to put him and cousin on the top bunk--Big Daddy gets suspicious--the conversation goes a little something like this...

BD: "BB, you know we don't kiss girls on the lips, right?"

BB: "I didn't think that was a good idea! "Cousin" said he had to kiss if we were going to play Tangled."

BD: "Did you and "cousin" kiss on the lips?"

BB: "Yes"

BD (to both children): "Guys, we don't kiss on the lips."

BB: "Plus, it's slobbery. She got slobber on me."

***Later--I come home--BD shares the story with me--we die laughing

Me: (whispering to him while sitting on the couch together) "Have you been kissing today BB?"

BB: (eye glare at his Dad for telling on him) "I told "cousin" it wasn't a good idea."

Me: "We don't kiss."

BB: "But I kiss you."

Me: "Well, I'm your Mommy. We only kiss our Mommy and Daddy and other family members." (I guess technically he isn't in the wrong based on my rule, because he WAS kissing a family member--I didn't go there!) Kissing is something very special that you do WHEN YOU GET MARRIED. It's something that a Mommy and a Daddy do that's very special.

BB: "WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER TELL ME THAT MOM?"

Me: (laughter) "I'm sorry. You are right. I should have talked to you about that."

Geez--I can't wait to talk about the birds and the bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you