These were super easy and adorable--if I do say so myself.
1. Make cupcakes as usual.
2. Using food coloring to dye white frosting green (I used the pre-made kind.)
3. Put icing in baggie. Cut the tip off. (I cut quite a bit off so it would pipe out thick.)
4. Start on the outside edge and pipe icing in the circle towards the middle.
5. Top with a Peep--put the Peep closer to one side so you will have room for the eggs.
6. Add 2 Cadbury mini eggs to each cupcake. Eat one egg between decorating each cupcake :)
I did not MAKE this. I did find the idea and I asked a parent of one of my students to help me out. I think they were pretty easy to make.
- 12 oz. pkg. Nestle butterscotch morsels
- 5 oz. can La Choy chow mein noodles
- candy eggs
Place noodles into large mixing bowl. Heat morsels in microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute, remove and stir. Cook at 30 second intervals and stir until smooth. Do Not Overcook. Pour melted morsels over noodles; stir until coated. Quickly spoon into muffin pan that has been sprayed. Press down the center to make it a "bird nest". Add candy eggs (jelly beans, Cadbury mini eggs, etc.) to the center. Do this quickly so they will stick. Let cool.
The same mother also sent these to school for her daughter to give out as treats. How adorable. I'm totally doing this one day.

The same mother also sent these to school for her daughter to give out as treats. How adorable. I'm totally doing this one day.
How precious!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you