Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things you need to know before going to Disney

I know there are million books and websites out there that give you information about what to take with you to Disney. Who has time to read those? Not me. I wish I had talked to more folks before going...so...

Here's what I think you should know before you go to Disney...
  • take lots of water bottles--freeze them and take them along with you--you will get thirsty, very thirsty.
  • take snacks if you have younger children--this will save you from having to buy million dollar snacks when you get there. I treated my kiddos to one "Disney snack".
  • Rent a stroller once you get there. I paid $54.00 for a double stroller rental for 2 days. I am so thankful I did that instead of trying to travel with my double stroller and carry it in and out of the park.
  • Unless watching the fireworks at Magic Kingdom is REALLY important to you--get out of there about 45 minutes before hand. We didn't get out in time and then we got stuck watching them (when my children were both asleep in our arms). Then we got stuck in the thousands of people who try to get out after they are over. Not fun.
  • Take an extra set of clothing/undies for young children. You just never know what might happen. I didn't use any of the extra clothing that I took with us, however I saw lots of "situations" in which I was hoping someone had extra clothes along with them :)
  • Kids need sunglasses. The ole sun is bright down in Orlando. If my kids hadn't had their glasses with them, it would have been difficult for them to see and enjoy the many parades.
  • Use the Fast Passes. It takes a while to get in the groove, but these are awesome. If you don't know what I am talking about...they are "tickets" that you get for rides. It essentially holds your spot in line. It tells you when to come back to the ride. You return at the designated time and you get to walk right up to the ride and get on. That's right...you don't have to wait in line (well, unless there is a line in the Fast Pass lane, but that rarely happens.) You can only get 2 Fast Passes every 2 hours. So, before you get in line for a ride, grab a couple of fast passes for another ride so you don't have to wait as long.
  • Sunscreen. Did I mention that it was hot and the sun was blazing? I can't imagine what it will be like in May, June, and July. We about burned up in April!!!!
  • If you have small children, go to Hollywood Studios. It is fabulous and much more appropriate for young babies.
I'm about ready to shut-up about Disney, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you