Thursday, July 7, 2011

LB minus diapers and his pappy

I woke up one day last week and decided I was tired of my family ridiculing me for letting my baby still have a pappy it was time to get rid of the pappy.

"What the heck," I thought, "let's just take the diapers, too."

I'm still not sure if this was a grand idea to do it all at once or a temporary moment of insanity.

8 days later and we have survived.

Day 2 without the pappy was, by far, the worst. LB is having to learn how to deal with his emotions without having a pappy to run to and I had to learn new ways of making the kid hush without stuffing his mouth with the thing teach him new ways to cope (there may or may not have been a lot of time out involved). I am pleased to announce, we are out of the woods now. Occasionally, he will ask for pappy and laugh--cause he knows it is gone.

Potty training went as well as it could have. You parents out there know it's more about training yourself to ask your child every five seconds if he needs to go and, many times, forcing potty visits. Little Man has the hang of it. We have even ventured out in public many times and been accident free.

That's pee peeing. Poop is a different story. The kid refuses to poop in the potty. Why??? He does it in his "underpants" every.single.day. Kind of annoying, but expected at this point.

Enter story---
Last week, he dropped a load in his britches. He just had shorts on. I leave my boys underpants FREE for several days when training so they can feel "the breeze" and be reminded they are diaper free. Anyway, of course, the poop fell out the bottom of his shorts. Big Daddy was in charge of this one and ran him to the bathroom. Meantime, Sweet Allie Girl ate the turd. Yep. The whole patty. Licked it clean.

Isn't that nice? Needless to say, Allie was banned from licking, breathing, and loving on us that day.

So, if anyone has any tips on getting the toy to poop in the potty let me know. My bag of tricks is not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you