Friday, July 15, 2011

My night

It's been a night.

I drove to Etown tonight for my summer class. Got there (was 1 of 7 people in the class=plus for me) and got out an hour and a half early. Sounds great, huh? Wondering where the bad part comes in?

Yeah. Here it comes.

I was walking out to my car and was ALL pumped up about going to my hotel room, settling in, and relaxing in the quiet. My flat tire caught my eye. Bummer!!! I haven't the slightest clue on what to do or who to call. Not to mention that I'm out of town. I called my insurance company and they said to call a tow truck and keep all of the paperwork. Oooooo-kay. I'm pitiful. I don't even know how to do that.

In the midst of tearing the trunk of the car apart to find the spare, I drop my iPhone. If which, might I mention, I had taken the case off of because it wouldn't fit on my deck at home. Yeah. Shattered the flat screen completely. Miraculously, it still worked. I called my back up. My in-laws lived for year in Etown, so I called Papaw. He called up one of his friends, who brought his wife along and they rescued me. He changed my tire. They took me back to their house and feed me, and provided me with some company.

You know. It wasn't the best night. But, I love how in my "older age" I'm able to see the blessings in the midst of the disasters. I can clearly see how God has provided for me, taken care of me, and blessed me even in times of trouble.

Yeah--bummer that my tire was flat. But, thankful that it didn't blow out while I was driving. Bummer that I was on my own when it happened. But, thankful for people who stopped their evening to help me. Bummer that my phone is shattered. But, thankful it still worked so I was able to call for help.

I love seeing the blessings in my life. I'm thankful that God has opened my eyes to seeing these blessings instead of me seeing this night as a complete bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you