It wasn't my idea to get rid of you. I promise. There was nothing more I loved than looking at you resting in my baby's mouth--slowly wiggling in place. Precious.
Silly to admit, but I even loved the way you smelled--a little mixture of rubber and slobber. Pathetic on my part.
You were there at the hospital. You were there on those long car rides. You were there during those long newborn nights. You were there to comfort my baby in his big boy bed. You were there to ease the pain of boo boos. You were there to stop the tantrums. You went to church. You went to the park. You rode in the car. You went on trips. You got lost. We searched for you and we always found you.
But, alas, it was time. You served us well for over two and a half years. Little Brother misses you. I miss you--mostly because it means my baby is growing up.
Thanks for always being there.
LB's Mommy
The Collection
- Skull & Rock N' Roll: I bought these to make LB not look as babyish--you know, cool pappies.
- Blue and Red one: LB's favorite pappy as a baby
- Clear one: Purchased on an outing when we left one of his at home--this is when we first discovered LB was NOT particular about the kind of pappy he had.
- Lime green one: We cut the handle off this one so it wouldn't rattle at night when LB slept with it in his hand.
- Turquoise and blue ones: My favorite in LB's little mouth
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you