Here's another recipe for something I have never been too fond of--until now. Don't know what happened, but one day it clicked and I became obsessed with lime and lemon pie.
I am kind of a snob about it--I don't want a store bought crust--that just ruins it. I want the homemade graham cracker crust kind. Spoiled? Maybe a tad.
Click here for the recipe my Mom always uses.
I tried my hand at it a week ago. It was pretty easy. I made it for my father-in-law who loves key lime pie. I think he was impressed. If I must say so myself, it was pretty darn good. However, he prefers a whipped topping, so instead of the sour cream topping this recipe calls for, I substituted.
1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. of white sugar. Mix together until stiff white tops form. I then piped it on top of the filling.
Add a few slices of lime and some lime zest...and...
Vola...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you