So. I'm really working hard these days to save money. Especially in the grocery arena. Ashamed to say, most months we spend about $700 on groceries (not including eating out). I'm tired of it. I wanna use some of that money in other places. I'm working hard to retrain my brain. Not only could we stand to save a few pennies, I get a rush out of seeing how much I can save and I get ticked when stores charge an arm and a leg when I know I can get the same item much cheaper somewhere else. (Geez. What is happening to me? I'm growing up!)
This week's tip: shop multiple stores.
I know. Some of you wanna kill me right now. Cause you can barely get the shopping done at ONE store. I know. Trust me, I get it. It was a turn off at first to me. Then the will to save money won that battle. Shopping at the store(s) with the biggest bargains for the items you need can save you lots o' money.
I've always been a Walmart girl. Mainly because of the convenience of being able to get everything you need there. I'm venturing out of my box. Just last week I did CVS for my toiletries and household items. I did ALDI for my fresh fruits, veggies, and meat. I did Kroger for everything else. Yes. It was hard work. I had the boys with me, so already the odds were stacked against me. I conquered nonetheless. I saved a bundle of money and got even more pumped up about this whole cutting grocery cost thing ;)
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you