Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chicken Parmigiana

I made the most amazing dinner this week. Wish you could have joined us.

Chicken Parmigiana
-boneless chicken breasts
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce, any flavor
-2 cups of mozzarella cheese
-1 egg, beaten
2-3 tbsp. of olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
-spaghetti noodles

1. Mix together Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

2. Dip chicken into beaten egg, then in bread crumb mixture and coat well.

3. Brown coated chicken on both sides in heated oil.

4. Place a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of casserole dish, then place browned chicken on the sauce and spoon a little sauce on each chicken breast. Reserve remaining sauce for spaghetti.

5. Cover and bake for 30 minutes on 325.

6. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese, place back in over for another 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts.

7. Serve with spaghetti and additional sauce (and a salad and garlic bread)

***modifications: CRAZY, but I didn't have spaghetti sauce or spaghetti noodles at my house. I don't know how I didn't have those staples in the house ???? I ended up using pizza sauce and it was really yummy. I had a package of Alfredo noodles. I prepared them as the package directed, then I drained the sauce off so I could just use the noodles. The extra flavor worked nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you