I'm warning you- this soup is DE-lish.
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 can (4 oz.) of chopped green chilies
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (I didn't have one, so I left it out)
1 tsp. ground cumin
5 cups of chicken broth
1 can (15 oz) of tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
3-4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breast, boiled and chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup of minced fresh cilantro
2 tsp. of lime juice (also didn't have a lime)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil; add the chilies, garlic, jalapeno, and cumin. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat; stir in chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Add cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
4. Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips.
Even without the two ingredients, this soup was out of this world!!!!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
Oh yes...I LOVE chicken tortilla soup!! YUMO!
ReplyDelete