Monday, October 5, 2009

I was framed...

One evening last week a man stopped by our house and offered to clean the carpets of one room in our house...for FREE!!! He explained that he was starting a business and they weren't doing any advertising, so he would appreciate us letting him clean our carpet and then us passing along his business name to others. He looked at William's room and said he would also do Wade's room...two rooms for FREE!!!

(pause button) I realize that it was totally irresponsible of us to let a total stranger come into our lovely home with our sweet children. After all, he could have taken us all hostage or he could have been scoping out the place to come back later and clean us out. HOWEVER, I heard only three words: CLEAN, CARPET, FREE. So, we invited him in.

Long story short...turns out he was trying to sell us a $3000.00 vacuum, it took us FOREVER to get him out of our house, and the carpets he said would be dry in 15 minutes were still wet the next morning. Lesson learned.

My point...he asked me to vacuum the carpet with our vacuum until I thought it was clean. I did. Then he whips out the "Kirby", slaps a filter in it, and vacuums over me. He does this several times, stopping momentarily to take out a filter and put in a new one. Here is his collection.


I can't figure out HOW he did it, but I KNOW my carpets weren't/aren't that dirty.
I was framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you