Sad news is, we have been cramming his feet into them for the past several weeks. I have been in total denial about it. My Dad has been pestering me for weeks to buy the kid new shoes. I guess he was scared we were stunting his foot growth. So, we gathered everyone up last night and headed to the mall for some shoe shopping.
My stipulations (cause it is ALL about me)...
1. Shoes must be cute Velcro. I don't have time to be tying shoes all the time. Plus, BB can put his own shoes on if he doesn't have to tie them.
2. No solid colored shoes. I have this thing about shoe colors. No solid white, no solid black, and no funky colors. Just nice neutral shoes that have a splash of a normal color on them.
Simple rules, really.
Guess what William Wiggle wanted? Black shoes, of course. To complete his Wiggly outfit. After all, The Wiggles wear black shoes.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I just can't happen. Hubby had to calm me down and remind me that these were BB's shoes and just how happy the kid would be with black shoes.
but, but, but...
First store: two pairs to try on- one black and one that Mommy liked- didn't have his size in either
Second store: didn't find anything we liked (other than the black men's church shoes that BB LOVED!!!)
Third store: two pairs of black shoes, some gray New Balance shoes, and some black-ish Shox. They only pair they had BB's size in were the gray New Balance shoes. He tried them on and they were oh-so cute!!!! I was in love!!!! BB loved them too!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!!
Dodged that bullet. (By the way, when did my kid's feet get to be a size 9????)
where did you find new balances in velcro in BG? i have always had to order online?!? gotta know! :)
ReplyDeleteHibbett!!! I was sooo pumped.
ReplyDelete