This tradition has continued into my adulthood.
Several weeks ago, we purchased four pumpkins (a Daddy, a Mommy, a William, and a Wade Pumpkin). I had big plans to carve them all. This is how is actually went down...
Wednesday night...
I am all pumped up about carving pumpking #1. I bring it in from the front porch and get out all my supplies. I entice William to join me. I cut the top, but I can't pull it off. Daddy to the rescue. Behind him comes Wade, who from this point on, is standing at my leg grunting to be picked up.
I pull all the gunk out. All by myself. It is too gross for BB. I get both triangle eyes cut out. Man, this is harder then it looks. William disappears. I try to entice him back to the kitchen by saying things like, "Oh, now it is time to cut out a nose." or "Who can come help Mommy with the awesome pumpkin?"
About 10 minutes in and I am all alone. Just me and my pumpkin. All alone with pumpkin guts all the way up to my elbow.
So, I only carved one.
Change of tradition...next year I am totally doing this.

or this...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you