Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Trick

We are relishing in the fact that BB is now sleeping in his own bed. Every once in a while, we will hear a loud, "DAD!!!!!" coming from his room. I have no idea why he doesn't call for me, but I am thankful :) One night he had fallen out of his bed and wanted Will to put him back in it. (This prompted a discussion the next morning about just climbing back into bed instead of calling us to do it for him...). A few nights ago, this is what happened...

BB: "DAD!!!! DAD!!!! DAD!!!"

Dad: (Running as fast as he can back to BB's room - he is so startled and confused when this happens, that he races back there as if something horrible has bound to have happened.) "What is it Buddy?"

BB: "I need to go pee pee."

Dad: (Picks him up, carries him to the bathroom, puts him down on the pot, and waits. More waiting. More waiting.) "I thought you needed to go pee pee."

BB: "I tricked you."

Dad: (An exhausted Dad carries BB back to bed, tucks him in, makes his way back to his own bed, and lets out a deep *sigh*)

Nice trick. Really funny. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you