Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One year ago today

One year ago today I was about to explode. Seriously. I was so great with child and so miserable. I was 6 days away from my due date and I was praying every single day that today would be the day.

I will never forget this day one year ago. November 23. Why? Cause I have a driver's license picture that will remind me for the next five years. Yep.


Isn't it lovely. Even though, you can't see my belly, my face shows how swollen I was. Not to mention the fact that I was wearing my Dad's big WKU shirt because I couldn't get myself into anything else.

I remember the sweet lady who took my picture. I believe her words were something like, "Oh sweetheart. No one should have to take a license picture when they are pregnant."

No kidding.

So...why did I do it?

Cause my license had expired 6 months earlier. Yep, 6 months. Such a procrastinator I am. FYI: You can't write checks (at least not at a store) with an expired license. I tried. For months I tried.

I had to have it done. I was scared to death that I would get to the hospital, someone would ask to see my license, and then I wouldn't be allowed to take my baby home because it was expired.

ughhh...I hate that picture. Only 4 more years of looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you