Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fab 5 Friday - Pampered Chef Edition

Welcome to Fab 5 Friday!

This week- Pampered Chef Edition.

Oh- I love me some Pampered Chef. I love to cook and I love cooking gadgets. Pampered Chef has great products. Some of the products can be a little pricey, BUT many of them are very affordable. Plus...I have always been very pleased with the quality and durability (are you getting that I am the queen of shopping justification?). I have never had to replace a product because of malfunction. So, without further ado...here are my Fab 5.

1.) Batter Bowls (both sizes) - For $15.00 dollars you get a 2 qt. glass bowl with lid- plus a pouring spout and handle. You can mix in it, reheat in it, freeze in it, store things in it, and even bake in it. I make tortilla bowls for tacos and salsa by pressing my tortillas in the bottom and baking them until they are crispy. I have also used the bowl to make a Barbie doll cake. You can purchase the small version for $11.50. These make great gifts also- just fill them with some cute cooking supplies or a baking mix.

2.) Small Scoop ($11.50)- Great for evenly proportioned doughs (my secret to equally sized chocolate chip cookies). You can purchase the scoop in sizes 1 tbsp-3 tbsp. No more scraping the spoon to get your dough off. The squeeze action handle drops them out perfectly every.single.time.

3.) Colander & Bowl Set ($39.00)- This was one of my more expensive PC purchases. Again, well worth the money (but you already saw that coming, didn't you?). With this you get four bowls- two of them are colanders and two of them are storage bowls (and those two come with lids). The colanders are great for draining ground beef, pasta, or washing fruit. The bowls are great to use for mixing batters, traveling, or storing that clean fruit.

4.) Ice Cream Dipper $14.75- With this product, I promise you will never have difficulty getting a scoop of ice cream again. The handle is full of non-toxic defrosting liquid. This magic liquid uses the warmth of your hand to get you a nice, big, round scoop of ice cream (to go on top of that nice warm brownie).

5.) Stackable Cooling Rack $14.00- I was one who never really thought a cooling rack was necessary. I also just left things in the pan or on the sheet to cool down. Then I broke down and purchased this one. I totally get it now. Things cool down much faster when they are on a rack. This one is really easy to clean. In fact, most of the time I just brush off the cookie crumbs and put her back up. The cool thing about this one is that it is stackable...I haven't gotten that far, yet.

Come to think of it. I could do a Fab 50 Friday on this...I LOVE PC!!!!! I love the metal spatulas, the rubber spatulas, the pizza cutter, the sandwich sealer, the whisk, the stoneware, the strawberry/egg slicer, the tart shaper, the floor/sugar shaker, the timer, the strainer, the spreader, the rubber funnels, the measuring spoons, the measuring cups, the mini-whipper, the pie cutter, the Twixit...ummm...might be an addict. I tried really hard to select the products that I use most often and love the most - but, man, that was hard!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE me some Pampered Chef! If I host a party, are you in? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you