Friday, April 9, 2010

Fab 5 Friday - PB edition

It's that time again :) This week: Pottery Barn edition. I love PB. One problem= PRICEY!!! It stresses me out to even look at the catalog because, in the words of Suze Ormon, "You can not afford it." I have managed to make some purchases that I felt were worth the money. Here are my top 5 PB purchases that have made my life a little more fabulous.

1.) Anywhere chair- Both of my boys have one. I highly recommended getting the full sized one. I think it is a waste of money to get the infant one when you know your child is going to grow. My boys love to drag these all over the house and to climb all over them. (We have the navy and red ones in this picture.)


2.) Wall book shelves- There wasn't enough room in LB's bedroom for a book shelf. I found these great alternatives. Book shelves that attach to the wall. We hung them down low so LB can reach all of his favorite books. Added bonus- you can turn them upside down and have a wall shelf. They don't sell these exact ones anymore- but they have a wide variety of cute alternatives to the traditional book shelf.
3.) Hand towels & bath rugs- I don't know how they do it, but PB makes the most incredible towels. They are so soft and thick. I purchased several towels with our initials on them to hang in each of our bathrooms - they are NOT for use...for looks only :) I also purchased hand towels, which we do use, and they are fabulous. They are so durable- they hold up great in the wash. We have PB bath rugs as well. I can not even begin to describe the thickness and softness of these babies. Of course, the one in the boys' bathroom gets peed on often and I have been very pleased by the durability of them. I have washed them numerous times and they still look great.
4.) Diaper Bags - Both of my boys have had PBK diaper bags. Since I have boys, I don't have to have a super fabulous diaper bag (if there were girls involved then it would be a WHOLE different story). I had a canvas tote with BB and I have a shoulder sling backpack now. And, if you watch, they run free shipping on diaper bags quite often. I do think that their diaper bags are reasonably priced- especially for the quality you are getting.
5.) Christmas stockings & Easter baskets- DON'T- I repeat- DON'T pay full price for these adorable things. Wait until the season is over and then buy them for really cheap. I got LB a stocking for $4.99 (plus $ for his name on it, but still it was MUCH cheaper than normal). Again, great quality here and adorable.
***Here's a hint for you. Watch eBay. Both my boys have PBK bedding and I purchased them - brand new, in boxes, and for much cheaper- on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you