Thursday, April 29, 2010

His stash

Where do I even begin with LB and his passie? I am totally avoiding even TRYING to take that thing away from him. He can take it to school with him for all I care. :)

At one point we had at least six passies. We kept them stashed all over the place. You know, just in case. Slowly, they have disappeared. I like to think that they are off gallivanting with the missing socks. Last week we were down to one lonely passie. LB took it to the sitter's house with him and didn't return with it. Well, he did return with a passie, BUT not his. Nini (his sitter) said he lost it at her house and that she turned her house upside down trying to find it- no luck. She had to give him her backup passie. He came home that night with a passie in his mouth that didn't even belong to him. Now folks, that might mean you have a problem.

Big Daddy and I were growing frustrated. Passies don't just grow legs and walk off. We both cleaned out our cars - no luck. Then, we turn around and we can't find the *backup passie* that the sitter had given him. WHAT IN THE WORLD?????? IT WAS JUST IN HIS MOUTH!!! We quickly began tearing the house apart - it was LB's bedtime, he was cranky, and he wanted his *suck-suck*. I emptied every.single. toy bin in our house- no luck. We looked under every piece of furniture in our house- no luck. The IGA had already closed and I was growing frantic. It just didn't make sense!!

Then I looked over and noticed LB rummaging through our *game drawer*. He was pulling out cards and doing his best to make a mess. I ran over and burst into laughter at what I found.

Evidently...LB has a secret place where he likes to stash his things - our game drawer. We found both of his missing passies, some pieces to a few of his toys that I had been searching everywhere for, and his sippy cup from earlier in the evening (the one that I about lost my mind over because I couldn't find it and I KNEW I had just gotten it for him and filled it up).

Note to self: Missing something?? Always check LB's stash drawer first.

1 comment:

  1. haha! Miles stashes graham crackers all over the house. If I give him two, I guess he eats one and stashes the other. We will have been out of crackers for an entire week and he will walk in the room im in with one in his mouth. Ive gotta find his secret hiding place! My mind might be there as well! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you