1.) Cricut- I just couldn't get it done without this machine. Big Daddy got it for me for Mother's Day one year. I don't have to purchase endless packages of letters (sometimes more than I needed just because I needed an extra *s*). I have 4 cartridges, but I have lots of good friends who have TONS and we all share. If you are not familiar with this product, check it out. I also was using it to make homemade cards for a while (before LB was born).

2.) Creative Memories tape runner- Please take my word on this - this one is the best around. And...it's $8.00...not too shabby. This runner is easy to use, only requires a few small pieces, each refill lasts a good while, and it holds your pictures in place.

3.) Creative Memories scrapbooks- I will admit. I started out pretty cheap when it comes to my scrapbooking materials. I didn't want to spend very much money on an album. I bought one from Target and some from Hobby Lobby. It took me a very short while to figure out that these were of a very poor quality- they didn't hold very many pages, they were difficult to add more pages to, and several pages ripped out. My friend, and Creative Memories salesperson, convinced me to *TRY* a CM one. There is no comparison. They expand and will hold and insanely amount of pages, I have never had a page rip out, and they are crazy easy to add pages to. I'm hooked. I now know that if I want my hard work to last a lifetime I must invest in products that will last a lifetime.

4.) Digital Scrapbooking- I'm a traditional gal. I like doing my scrapbooks by hand. I like to have my handwriting in our books. I like to think that, one day, my boys will treasure the things that their Mommy made with love from her hands. With that being said...I tried out digital scrapping a few years ago and was really impressed. I didn't invest in the software, but I used a free download version from Creative Memories. Check it out. It was very easy to use and I was really impressed with the final product. Creative Memories sells a *nicer* book (hardback and good quality), but they are a little pricey to have printed. You can do a similar book from Snapfish for much cheaper (they are smaller and paperback). I have used Snapfish to do several books for family members as stocking stuffers, small gifts, or as a thank you. If you aren't into the hand scrapping, then this might be for you.
5.) Power Sort boxes- Got pictures? Lots? This is a GREAT product for storing pictures...even if you don't scrapbook. The large on holds 1,200 pictures. Yep...1,200!!!! Plus, there are tab dividers that you can write on and erase.
What are your fab 5?
Love your Fab 5 this week. I too am a traditional scrapper. I just can't seem to get into the digital, not hands on enough I guess. I don't have a cricut but am a CM product lover. Keep scrapping the boys will love looking back when they are grown. My girls are 20 and 22, they love the history that is recorded in their scrapbooks.
ReplyDelete