Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Goal Report

Here we go. Another update on the *number based* goals we set for ourselves at the start of 2010.

1. Running- I have kicked it up a notch with my running. Instead of running 2 miles a day, I am now running at least 3 miles every other day. This makes me feel a little less like I am tied to my treadmill...now I am able to do larger chunks of running fewer times a week. I ran an *official* 5K at the beginning of this month. I placed third for my age division. I was able to run 3.1 miles in a little over 30 minutes. Not too shabby for someone whose goal was to just FINISH alive :) I am so pumped that I pulled off a 5 mile run last week. It felt so amazingly good. I have also started to take supplements for my joints, so I can keep them in tip top shape. My next goal is to run a 10K (6.2 miles). Funny...I have lost the challenge of a 5K because now I run one every other day. I need a new challenge. To be on track for my 500 miles this year I needed to run 43 miles. I logged in 41 MILES during the month of March. It broke my heart to be two miles shy of my goal, but I BUSTED my tail this month...so, I am proud. This puts me at 110 miles for 2010...only 390 miles to go this year :)

2. Debt Reduction- We are trucking right along with this goal as well. I got my first commission check for Kelly's Kids this month. We put $400.00 of it on our debt, plus $300.00 from our regular salaries...for a grand total of $700.00 this month. Only $2,990.00 left...so close to being debt free. Big Daddy and I have really been working hard to make changes in our spending habits. Big Daddy isn't as guilty as I am. He typically only spends money on eating out and his little caffeine addiction. I am the big spender between the two of us (there are so many things that I -cough, cough- need). We have been doing a better job of holding each other accountable, looking for ways to cut back, and finding ways to save money when we make purchases. And...NO...credit cards...those babies are way too dangerous. They have all been cut up and destroyed. All we have left is the line of credit we are working hard to zero out...then, that one will be gone too. Hard work...a lot less fun than spending the money was...but we are proud and excited about our efforts.

***A little reality check: our statement each month gives a breakdown of how long it will take you to pay off your debt if you only pay the minimum amount each month. For the $3,600.00 we had last month...if we ONLY paid the minimum amount each month...it would take us 26 YEARS to pay it off. 26 years...that's how long I have been alive!!!! And we would be paying more than twice the original amount we owed. More reasons for us to get rid of this mess!!!!

1 comment:

Let me hear from you