Monday, November 15, 2010

Money Saving Monday - ask about discounts

I'll admit...I'm not too good about the tip I am going to give you today. I'm scared of rejection. I really need to get over that, because most of the time this tip works.

I was at Kirkland's this week looking for a specific tall container to hold decorative reeds in for my den. I found what I wanted for $25.00 (which, might I add, was a GREAT deal)- the problem was...it was full of UGLY reeds. Green ones. Not pretty green ones, but ugly green ones. I asked if I could just purchase the container and just let them keep the reeds. She said she would give me a discount if I would just take it all and throw the reeds out myself (apparently, they were trying to clear space). Of course, I said, "Sure will!"

She let me buy it all for $15.00.

So...look for small imperfections in things you are purchasing (not HUGE dings, but little dents that probably no one else will notice)...and ask for a discount :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you