I love family traditions. My favorite memories as a child most often include our family traditions. It's those traditions and memories that I will treasure forever. Plus, traditions cater to my ritualistic personality. :)
I am always looking for new traditions to begin and I love hearing about how other families celebrate together. Maybe you are too?? Maybe you are looking for new traditions to start with your family?? Maybe you just want to hear about mine?? Maybe you don't!! :) Anyway...I am going to be posting a tradition each Thursday. I would love for you to join me. Let me know where you blog.
The Elf on the Shelf
This tradition starts the day after Thanksgiving. A little red elf appears at our house, he is one of Santa's helper elfs. There is a book that goes along with Elfie that explains his job. Each morning, the children wake up and look for Elfie. He likes to hide in different places all over the house. There are rules about Elfie, like...you can't touch him and you can't move him.
Elfie is here to watch. He watches what we do. And then...each night he flies back to Santa at the North Pole and gives him a report. The next morning, he will have landed somewhere else in our house.
My kiddos loved hunting for Elfie each morning last year. I am expecting no less this year since everyone is a year older and wiser :)
Check Elfie out.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
We get a visit from our Elf on the Shelf (Buddy) every year as well! Keeps the kids on their best behavior!!!
ReplyDelete