Time for Money Saving Monday.
The age old debate (I don't know if it is or not, but it sounds good!)--do you go by the gift VALUE or how much you PAID for it?
I totally used to be on the "go by how much you paid for it". So, if I budgeted to spend $20.00 on you--I got you a sweater that was originally $19.95, but I only paid $9.95...I would still purchase you another $10.00 gift. That way I would have spent a total of $20.00 on you. That was before we had children. Back when there was more money to go around. Back when the entire family was a little smaller.
This year Big Daddy has convinced me to think the other way--he wants me to focus on the VALUE of the gift (not always, but as a guideline). So, that $19.95 sweater that I got you (and paid only $9.95 for it) would be your complete gift.
This is a great way to save money. No one knows if you got it on sale/used a coupon/etc. So, I challenge you to look at the VALUE of your gifts this season.
I even keep a cute little notebook which details an item description, how much the item was originally priced for, and how much I paid for it. I am curious as to how much I will save this year.
Happy Shopping.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you