Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Traditions Thursday--5 early presents

Welcome back to Traditions Thursday (I know, I know--it isn't Thursday!! I didn't have time to post yesterday). If you are just catching up with me this week--go back here to read all about The Elf on the Shelf.

The five days before Christmas our boys open one gift a night from us. These are the only 5 gifts they get from us. This is an awesome tradition because:

a.) I remember doing it at my house when I was a child. Those five days were so exciting.

b.) It gives the boys a chance to open one toy at a time and ENJOY it without rushing on to the next present.

c.) They are occupied the rest of the evening.

d.) My boys are so overloaded with gifts--this gives us time to slow down, enjoy the gifts, and not be overwhelmed with a million toys.

You know I am a theme-a-holic. Yes, each night the gifts have a theme. They boys get the same type gifts each evening--so, there is no gift comparison--let's face it, kids do that.

Here is a preview of the themes:
Night 1= Play-doh night (both boys are getting cool Play-doh sets)
Night 2= Game night
Night 3= Book night
Night 4= Toy Story night
Night 5= I'm still working on this one!!!

To be honest, I think I get more excited about our 5 days of Christmas then my children do :) Right now, at least!!

Share a tradition with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you