Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blood pressure

I went to the doctor on Monday. The sweet little nurse took my blood pressure and all of a sudden became really concerned because it was sky high. My doctor came in and was concerned as well. Why was my b.p. so high?

Let's see...maybe because...

-I scheduled a meeting right after school (forgetting all about my doc appt) and had to rush through to get it complete so I could leave school.

or maybe because...

-I rushed to pick BB up from school. Then I got a phone call from Big Daddy telling me that one of his teachers was going to meet me at McDonald's with LB...meaning I would be taking BOTH boys with me to the doctor.

or maybe because...

-LB's ride was running later than I expected. I waited at McDonald's until 3:45. Then I called her and begged her to bring him to my doctor's office for me. Did I mention I was waiting at the McD's in Smiths Grove? Which means I still had to drive to town and get to the doctor's office in 15 minutes.

or perhaps it was because...

-I totally made it to the doctor and was at the check-in desk by 4:03, which means I was speeding like crazy to get there. Which means I was a nervous wreck because I was scared of getting a ticket the entire drive there.

or it could have been high because...

-Within 5 minutes of arriving at the doctor, LB's ride arrived and I had to run back down the stairs and out to the parking lot to get him...with BB running close behind me.

or it might have had something to do with...

-the fact that I was chasing LB back and forth from our seat to the door while waiting in the lobby because 15 month old's don't sit still...all the while BB was asking a million questions about why I was at the doctor

Come to think of it...

I have NO IDEA why my blood pressure was so high!!!

2 comments:

  1. So thought you were going to drop a pregnancy bomb. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Love it! Reason why I have my dr appts scheduled when I can find a sitter. Chasing around kids at a dr office is a headache in itself.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you