Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What parent hasn't heard this one before?

BB has taken a liking to Scooby Doo. And out go The Wiggles. I'm a little devastated. Slightly.

He no longer wants to be a Wiggle when he grows up. He wants to be Shaggy now. I don't know if that is better or worse, really. He no longer wears his green Wiggle clothes every day. Now he wears brown pants and a green short sleeve shirt- why? Because that's what Shaggy wears. He wants to watch the only Scooby DVD we have over and over and over. He wants to have a Scooby Doo birthday party- one with a Scooby cake and a Scooby candle.

And now...you know what he wants????

A DOG!!!!

He asked us the other night, in the sweetest little voice ever: "Can I have a dog one day? A real dog. One like Scooby?"

Me: "You want a dog?"

BB: "Yeah. A big brown one. One that is really soft. I want him to be brown with black spots. And a blue collar. And big brown paws. And I want to name him Scooby.'

Big Daddy: Who's going to feed this dog?"

BB: "Me. But I don't have any bones. Do dogs like bones or cereal?"

Me: "Dogs eat dog food."

BB: "Like brown cereal? I don't have any."

Me: "Well, you have to buy it."

BB: "You can buy some and I will feed him and give him water. I will do all the things for him."

Big Daddy: "Who's going to take the dog outside when he needs to go to the bathroom?"

BB: "I will. I will do everything he needs. Ok, Daddy?"


Of course you will BB. We believe you.
Pretty sure kids have been making this promise to parents for thousands of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you