I saw this Responsibility Chart the other day and fell in love with it. Plus, I love Melissa and Doug products- great quality.

This thing has everything I was looking for: sturdy, magnetic, cute (nice enough to hang in my house), customizable, visual, interchangeable, and reasonably priced. If you are looking for something like this you should check this product out.
BB was excited about his new job chart. Big Daddy, BB, and I together talked about jobs that would be appropriate and realistic for BB to complete each day. BB was pumped. He is very driven by the reward of the magnetic smiley face at the end of each day.
We haven't yet decided on whether or not to tie this to his allowance. I am torn on the issue. Should you pay a child to do the responsibilities that go along with being a part of our family? Part of me says no...he should be expected to do these things and they should not be tied to his allowance. But, I also want to instill in him the value of work and working hard to earn money- instead of it just being given to him. The verdict is out on this issue still. Anyone have any thoughts on the issue?
Sweet little story about his job chart before I end this WAY TOO LONG POST...(before I lose you and you start skimming...)
On the evening of the first day we used his job chart, BB and I were going over his day, the responsibilities that he had completed, and whether or not he earned a smiley for each one. One of his responsibilities is to say "please and thank you". I asked him, "Did you say please and thank you today?" He thought and with a sad look on his face said, "No." (I love the honesty in this kid.) Then he looked at me sweetly and said, "Mommy, thank you for the milk you just got me."
Works for me. Smiley earned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you