First day of a new month-that means time to report on our New Year's goals...(well, not all of them- just the the two that are measured by numbers)
Debt reduction: Our tax refund helped us out immensely this month. We were able to pay off $4,000.00 with our refund. We paid down $700.00 on debt with our regular income. For a grand total of $4,700.00 this month. This is such a blessing. I know, with all my heart, that God is blessing our obedience and that He is multiplying our *fruit*. Because we have already made so much progress, we are changing our goal to eliminating all debt this year (instead of only reducing it to $2,000.00). We are $3,608.00 away. So close we can taste it. I encourage you- if you have any debt at all- to assess your situation and determine what you can do to GET RID OF IT. It is so freeing. God wants us to honor Him with all we have- in every area of our lives- even in the finance department. Cast your burdens upon the Lord- I guarantee He will hear your cries and provide for your every need.
Running Report: Let me just be honest here...this goal is kicking my butt. Whew, this is hard stuff. I have NO IDEA how Rachel runs 1,000 miles a year. I feel like all I do is run (well, aside from playing, cooking, working, straightening the house...you know). On the up side: I have toned up (except my ugly knees), I have lost weight, and am noticing that my pants are loosening up in the thigh, waist, and bum area. February's goal was to run 38 miles. AND...(drum roll please)...I ran a total of 40.5 miles in February. I did two 5K's and an accidental (my running partners tricked me) 4.25 miles. Whew!!! Can I make it 10 more months???
There you have it folks. A very successful month.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you