Monday, March 22, 2010

The Primary Colors

BB loves bath time. I am convinced that we own every bath toy ever invented. We have markers, crayons, a floating drawing board, flutes, ducks galore, foam, paint, sponges, fishing nets, fish, foam letters, a basketball goal, cups...and the list goes on and on.

My boys love to paint in the tub. Mommy also loves it because it makes for such an easy clean up.

One evening while painting I tried to make it a little more educational. BB already knows all about mixing colors (thank you Barney). I decided to teach them about the primary colors. I did a little teaching and then I sang a song to help him remember the three primary colors.

Goes a little like this...I know you would love to hear my sing it, but work with me here:

The primary colors are blue, red, and yellow. Blue, red, and yellow. Blue, red, and yellow. The primary colors are blue, red, and yellow. These are the primary colors.

Afterward, BB looks slightly confused at me and says, "Mommy? Is it yella?"

Me: "What?"

BB: "You said yella. Is that how you are supposed to say it?"

Me: "No. You are right. It isn't."

BB: "You're supposed to say (emphasis) YELLOW."


Guess my southern accent was getting the best of me.

***Got tickled because a while later I heard BB telling Big Daddy all about what I had taught him. Except he referred to them as the "CRIME-BERRY" colors.

1 comment:

Let me hear from you